How Do I?
At a high level, the work flow for creating a new CH5 project is as follows:
- Download and unzip the template packaged file to an accessible location on your workstation.
- Open the Crestron Template Project root directory in Visual Studio Code, which includes the package.json file.
- From a console, run yarn install if this has not yet been done.
- Add any pages and widgets needed for the project.
- Modify items such as the logo, favorite icon, theme, and navigation menu using the project configuration file.
- Run yarn start to see the output in a browser.
The following topics provide common tasks and questions regarding project development to help guide you through using the template.
- Add or Remove a Page
- Add or Remove a Widget
- Remove a Page or Widget Component
- Reuse Widgets Across Pages
- Extend Widgets by Replacing Values
- Use the IndexID Property Within Widgets
- Change the Navigation
- Remove the Header
- Add, Remove, or Reorder Pages in the Navigation
- Add a Custom Logo
- Add a Custom Background
- Add a Custom Favorite Icon
- Change the Theme
- Add or Remove Languages
- Add or Remove HTML5 Web XPanel Support
- Add Project-Wide CSS Styles and Classes
- Add a Contract via the Contract Editor
- Validate a Project
- Import or Export Project Files